Saturday, November 20, 2010

A long 14 Miles

Although I am still battling my cold I set out for my long run today.  It was 14 miles but felt like a million.  I started off a little bit slow but I figured it was best and I might be able to keep pace.  Well, for the first 8 miles I was hanging just above and below an 8 min pace...  Then it hit me like a ton of bricks!  I think that it is time to start implementing some sort of nutrition while running on my long days. I quickly went down hill.  A lot of my run didn't have a sidewalk or bike lane which caused me to have to run "off-road" dodging small shrubs and what not.  I didn't plan my route that well because as I was approaching home, I looked down at the Garmin and I still had 3 miles to go.  This is where I made my next mistake, I went totally off course and ran down into a riverbed. Just to get out of this mess I had to run back up this really steep slope, then hop a barb wire fence onto a golf course and cross some railroad tracks. I made it home... almost defeated by the run.  It wasn't pretty... 

11/20- 14 miles- 1:56:10 (8:17 pace)

My 14 mile loop!


-KRISTAL_

1 comment:

  1. GU or Chomps to fuel! It takes a lot of energy to make new trails maybe you should stick with existing routes while training! Glad you made it! Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete