Friday, January 28, 2011

Monday, Monday, Monday!

Let the training begin!  My MRI shows that I have no tears… The knee still hurts but at least I don’t need surgery! I am taking this as my green light to start up again.  The DOC put me on an arthritis medication called Diclofenac and it might be doing something for inflammation but sucks as a pain reliever. Extra Strength Tylenol works better than this stuff.  What do you take for extremely achy/sore knees?

It all begins Monday!  Yesterday I got a cute Nike 2-piece swim suit… so I can get my tan on while getting fit! I don’t look so cute in it yet but I am gonna look smokin’ in a few months so it was worth the investment! Tim might be getting a road bike (cross your fingers), so I might have company on my bike rides.  I am super excited for tri-training, I know I am going to love mixing it up! I really enjoy my long solo runs but it will be refreshing to have company every now and again. I am hoping to get Tim into Dulathons (He isn't big on swimming). 

Here is my training schedule for the next 13 weeks… This is a very tentative plan!  We will see how much my body can actually handle.  I still need to work out the specifics of each weeks swim/bike/run workouts.


So what races are in store for me?  Unofficially the Tempe International Triathlon on May 15th, 2011. It has an Olympic/International Distance and a Novice/Sprint Distance. I am also looking at Pat's Run on April  16th, 2011. We will see how training goes for the next couple of weeks then register if my knee is still holding up!  I am super excited!  Whoop Whoop!

It's almost swim suit season!  Lets get crackin'!

Kristal

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your training plan. I have always wanted to do a tri but i'm a terrible swimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an awesome/greuling plan!!! But you will be ready for the tri in no time! Which one would you do, the sprint of Olympic? You could tear it up in the sprint for sure!!

    Glad you don't need surgery! Oh and the good ole Army 800 mg of Ibuprophen works wonders!

    ReplyDelete