Thursday, November 18, 2010

The sniffles got me down...

It's "winter" here now... which means it is in the 70's and low 80's!!  I never knew how it was possible for people to get sick in Arizona but somehow I managed to get a cold.  A COLD! Yeah right you say... I know, I know but it's true.  I am super bummed.  I was so unmotivated this morning.  I tried to use every excuse in the book to skip my run but I convinced myself that I better suck it up.  I have a 14 mile run on Saturday, hopefully I feel a little bit better.  

My run went a little something like this: I stepped outside and felt the fresh air hit my lungs. Although one might count this as a blessing, for me today, it was disaster!  It made my mucus come out of hiding... where are all these boogies coming from??  As the snot drained from my sinuses, the wind flung it across my face but I kept pushing forward.  I constantly had to blow snot rockets to clear my airway.  Mucus would gather in the back of my throat causing me to choke on it.  I must have emptied a liter or two of wet sloppy buggers.  

My 4 miles today: 29:52 (7:28 pace)

At this point, I would like to just crawl back into bed and hide.  But life isn't that simple... I have so much to do and so little time to do it in.  So goodbye for now...  I will catch you on the flip side!  

-Kristal OUT

1 comment: